People are often uncomfortable with the idea of talking to a therapist. I frequently hear comments such as “I don’t like talking to strangers about my personal problems,” or “Therapy might work for some people, but it won’t work for me.” In my experience, therapy can benefit just about everyone. Think about how often people say “talk it out, you’ll feel better.” Talking to a neutral person, someone who is not involved and is able to provide unbiased, nonjudgmental feedback can be extremely helpful and rewarding. In addition, the confidential setting allows clients to be as honest as they wish, without fear of consequences. This – by itself – can be worth the time. Talk therapy has been proven to offer relief for a number of emotional symptoms, both big and small.
- Are you suffering from depression, anxiety, stress?
- Having problems with a boss, coworker, family member, friend or loved one?
- Are you struggling with motivation, constantly overwhelmed, or seemingly always at your wits’ end?
- Is your world crashing down around you, everything hurts, and you just don’t know where to start?
- Have you recently experienced a loss or traumatic event that is causing you difficulty, or is there an event from your past that you just can’t seem to “get over”?
These are all things that can be helped simply through talking. I offer supportive, accepting therapy that can help you achieve your goals and get you back to enjoying life. Please feel free to contact me for a free 15 minute consultation to see if my approach can be useful for you.